Re: [vox-outreach] Davis Homeless Shelter

Re: [vox-outreach] Davis Homeless Shelter

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:09:34PM -0700, Trevor M. Lango wrote:
<snip>
> | If I get a positive response from the Shelter, is there anyone out here
> | willing to:
>
> So... what response? Are they interested?

I gave my card to the girl who volunteers there.  Next time I see her,
I'll ask if she's had a chance to talk to the folks there about it. :^)

<snip>
> |   * Coordinate this project   [I would, but I'm leaving town in a few
> weeks!]
>
> I'd consider it.

Whee!!!

> |   * Donate PC hardware  [sounds like new monitors might be called for,
> too!]
>
> I don't have monitors, but I have miscellaneous other hardware.

I've recently been offered a Pentium 90MHz with a 15" monitor.
I said 'maybe.' ;^)  (Hi, John, if you're out here!)

> |   * Help set up the managerial-related systems
>
> Sure.

Cool. :^)

> |   * Help migrate the managerial-related data to the new systems
>
> Hmm... okay.

Hehe, cool. :^)  I'm sure there are other folks around here who'd enjoy
that, too.  (I should harass Henry House and Doug Barbieri :^) )

> |   * Help set up and lock down a kiosk
>
> Sure (but I might need a little assistance/direction in this area).

I can help, at least remotely. :^)

Thanks so much, Trevor!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com | Milhouse, you ready to imitate that Jackass show?
newbreedsoftware.com/bill | All those disclaimers made me want to do it more!