Re: [vox-outreach] Contacted CheapBytes for WEF/GTC discs

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 03:22:19AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 10:50:12PM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:
> >
> > I've just sent an email to the friendly folks at CheapBytes to see if they
> > could help us out with Knoppix, GNUWinII and/or TheOpenCD discs to give out
<snip>
> >   2. I think we can afford it (assuming it's not $4/disc!)
>
> Can you post your quote?

"Quote" as in, what they've responded with?  If so, no response yet! :^(
If you mean, what we're willing to pay?  I dunno!  Henry?

> I'm interested in bulk replication.  I've seen
> rates close to $1/disk, including IIRC, silkscreening (one or two
> color), in quantities of ~ 1000.

Hrm, that's honestly still a little pricey.  (Compared to burning ourselves,
esp. when places like OfficeMax end up giving the blanks away for free!)

> I also ran across some CD replicators for audio work which run a stacker
> of up to 50 disks, for ~$1400, possibly similar prices for software.

<snip>
> Plain white windowed paper sleeves are a few bucks per 50 at Office
> Despot.

Yep. :)

<snip>
> I'll volunteer my Knoppix labels: