2004 Mar 17 15:13

[vox-outreach] Linux system for this Sat's demo?

[vox-outreach] Linux system for this Sat's demo?

Mike is bringing the LUGOD demo machine to Davis on Saturday, but will be
attending the Installfest.

Rather than stealing it from him just for the demo, I figured it'd be nice
to let him keep it for the rest of the IF. :^)

So, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to bring their own Linux
system (e.g., a laptop) to the demo that's taking place 2pm to 7pm this
Saturday.

Unfortunately, I've still not been able to get my work laptop to boot off
of CDROM (e.g., for Knoppix), so mine's useless at this point.

At last month's demo, I simply showed off Open Source stuff running on WinXP.
However, since this demo's being a little more widely advertised
(e.g., it's mentioned in the March Co-Op newsletter!), I'd really prefer
to have an ACTUAL Linux system on hand. (Or two ;^) )

Thx!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com          Check out the new, improved Tux Paint site!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/        http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/