Re: [vox-outreach] My/our own OSS disc

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 05:01:18AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
<snip>
> My main focus is on very general audience.  I'm thinking something similar
> to GNUWinII, or The Open CD, but our own collection.

Closer to The Open CD, I guess. :^)

I'd probably remove some stuff like VNC, PuTTY or 7-Zip,
and include things like Tux Paint, Audacity.
(e.g., some stuff from GnuWinII or elsewhere that's good)

I'm thinking it'd be meant for people who _might_ be sophisticated enough
to MAYBE want to rip and burn CDs, but nothing more complicated...
no weird network tools, not too many off-the-wall games that just happen
to be built for Win32, etc...

I guess I'm kind of targetting 'moms and dads,' like I do with Tux Paint.
It just seems a waste to ONLY burn Tux Paint, when there's excellent stuff
out there like Mozilla and OpenOffice.org...