2003 Sep 23 09:40

Re: [roselug] Re: [Vox-Outreach] A version of Lindows runs from CDtoo

Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> writes:
> SuSE had their "live CD", actually.  I think it may have been around
> before Knoppix!

SuSE still puts out a Live CD. I recently used their 8.2 Live CD to
use an external firewire dvd burner not supported by my somewhat stale
redhat 8 install.  Yes, I could have just upgraded the rh install, but
this was just easier for a one shot burn.

     http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/suse_linux/

> [...]
> I think it all really started with Linux Bootable Business Card
> (LNXBBC), and its ancestry.

A co-worker recently handed me one of these little wonders.  LNX-BBC
fits on a 150MB mini cdrom cut to fit in your wallet.  Now I carry a
bootable linux cd wherever I go.

     http://www.lnx-bbc.com/

Cheers,
--