2003 Aug 25 15:37

[Vox-Outreach] Thin clients for a local high school

[Vox-Outreach] Thin clients for a local high school

I spoke with the Education Technology Coordinator for
the Grant Join Union High School District in McClellan, CA today,
and she wanted to learn more about the Linux User Groups in the area.

I told her what our main focus is, and what to expect from the groups
(meetings with guest speakers / mailing lists for general and technical
discussions), and pointed out SacLUG and RoseLUG.

They're currently in the 'research phase,' and wish to put together
thin client labs (presumably using Linux :) ).  They have already received
about 800 donated computers, of varying specifications.  (Mostly Pentium and
up; some 486s).

I suggested that a few of the services we (volunteers from LUGs) might be
able to offer would include setting up a mailing list for discussion and
planning of a project, and perhaps even a website or Wiki.

She sounded interested, and will probably start attending some of the
upcoming LUG meetings to get a feel for what they're like, and to share
more information with us.

In the meantime, if anyone's specifically interested in this kind of
a project, please let me know!  That's what vox-outreach is for!! :^)

-bill!
root@lugod.org