2003 Jul 04 17:18

[Vox-Outreach] Linux Defended [open source]

[Vox-Outreach] Linux Defended [open source]

FYI

"Linus Torvalds, the founder and lead developer of the Linux open-source operating system, has strong views about the legal dispute between The SCO Group and IBM, which he shared with eWEEK Senior Editor Peter Galli in an e-mail exchange recently. "

[eweek]
"SCO alleges that you need to focus more on getting clarification as to where the code that goes in the Linux kernel comes from. Do you plan to change the current Linux development model? "

[Linus]
No. I allege that SCO is full of it and that the Linux process is already the most transparent process in the whole industry. Let's face it, nobody else even comes close to being as good at showing the evolution and source of every single line of code out there. The only party that has had serious problems clarifying what they are talking about is SCO. "