2003 Jun 22 22:24

Re: [Vox-Outreach] LWE Carpool

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:08:04AM -0700, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Anyone iterested in forming a carpool from Davis to SF for LWE?  I'm
> planning on going on August 4th (setup) and 5th.  I might go the other
> days too... not sure yet.

I can carpool (or participate in one) on the 4th.

I'll probably be staying overnight in Dublin that night, though...

> I could drive, but would prefer to catch a ride with someone else.  Any
> volunteers?  Parking is pretty expensive in the city -- usally around $20.

The problem with August 4th and 7th is that we'll be setting up and
breaking down, and therefore moving junk around.

Not as much as we did for GTC, since LWE is supplying a table and chairs,
but we'll still be moving the demo computer (I assume!), and discs
and maybe t-shirts to give out and/or sell.  Oh, and lots of flyers/handouts :)

> Then there is the gas and bridge tolls.  Maybe we could cram 5 people in a
> car and save some money.

Mike Simons' Outback fits 5 fairly comfortably :^)  Except the person in
the middle gets a pretty bad *thwhack* in the lower back when the
car accident happens!

(Sorry :^)  2001 LWE carpool got rear-ended;  I think Mike's car was only
6mo old at that point! :^P )