Re: [Vox-Outreach] Need more CD burns!

I burned a few Knoppix and GNUWinII CDs for a recent event. I found that if my CD record program told me it wrote OK, then I could mount, read a couple html files, and umount without any trouble on any _CDR_ drive (this was my test). However, they did not work on some older CDROM drives. Some of these problem CDROM drives would read the CDRs, but _very_ slowly and with lots of noise; others wouldn't read them at all.

So a word of caution: if someone's machine has an old CDROM drive as their primary CD device (the one that is in the BIOS boot sequence), they may NOT be able to use KNOPPIX at all.

Well, those are my non-technical observations.

Jonathan

btw: I wish I had time to burn a few more for the GTC event, but I am experiencing technical difficulties with my home desktop and have limited time to fix it. Maybe next time.

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
On Mon 12 May 03,  4:25 PM, Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com> opined: