[Vox-Outreach] URGENT, OOo CDs needed for GTC West conference May 14-16.

[Vox-Outreach] URGENT, OOo CDs needed for GTC West conference May 14-16.

Title: URGENT, OOo CDs needed for GTC West conference May 14-
Hi all,

Due to an unfortunate mixup, I need your help now. The OpenOffice.org CDs I expected to get from Sun may not be delivered in time for LUGODs

http://www.lugod.org/

booth 945 at GTC West

http://www.govtech.net/gtc/?pg=conference&confid=76

May 14-16 in Sacramento.

"
Government Technology Conference is the largest and most respected technology conference for state and local government.

Designed by Government-for-Government, GTC delivers a cutting-edge educational program addressing the most important policy, management and technology issues facing government today.

GTC provides an unbiased forum for government professionals and the IT industry to openly discuss and develop solutions for the public sector.
"

 This is a once a year significant opportunity to grow the open source community by educating government IT professionals at a time of severe budget shortfall.

If any California based folk can help me burn OOo CDs for Windows or contribute obsolete but usable labeled OOo CDs, GTC West is a great opportunity to  help.  We plan to encourage open standards by distributing OOo to the good people who spend our tax dollars. The following is needed at LUGOD booth May 14-16.

1. Labeled OOo distribution CDs from 1.0.1 up.
2. Appropriate OOo CD labels as found here http://marketing.openoffice.org/graphics/cd/

3. An estimated 200 Hand labeled Windows 1.1beta CDs with autostart as described by Alex as follows

From: Alex Fisher <alexf-ooo@hypermax.net.au>
Paul,

If you do "roll your own", you might like to put the autorun files and the
other installation guides on it as well. Take a look around the temporary
location at http://www.hypermax.net.au/~user/settantta/ooo and grab what
you'd like. I recommend you at least grab the following:

shellrun.exe
autorun.inf
default.html
Setup.html
unicows.exe (but since most of your target are probably running 2000 or XP, it
probably isn't needed).

You'll need to grab the /img directory and its contents too...

This would give you an auto-starting CD under windows, with the setup
guides...

In spite of our Linux user base, I will focus on a Windows distribution because virtually all government IT people have to use Windows and OOo is an excellent way to get immediate broad acceptance for open source  applications.

I apologise for the late notice and the stress of this last minute effort.  Ideas for further coordination are welcomed since I live "way up country" over 75 miles from typical LUGOD outreach activities 8^)

Ideas, suggestions?

Best to all,
Paul Miller
OpenOffice Booth Babe for GTC West 2003
LUGOD member

---
Contact info:

Paul Miller
PO Box 7 (regular mail)
5748 Spanish Dry Diggins Road (UPS delivery)
Georgetown CA, 95634 (50 road miles northeast of Sacramento)
(530) 333-1353