Re: [Vox-Outreach] Need more CD burns!

On Saturday 10 May 2003 11:30 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 11:25:11PM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
> > At this moment, I have 58 burned and tested, with another probably 10
> > burned and waiting to be tested.
>
> Out of curiosity, what seems to be the failure rate?
> (That is, how many discs seem to come out bad?)

Out the of the batch I sent in, I had 2 discs fail(which is around 4%.)
Lately it seems higher, but that was because I was burning them on a system
with a faster CD burner, but slowing the burn speed back down seems to have
corrected that problem.  I figure it have around 4% failure rate or so when
its all over.

> How long does it take to test?  I'm not completely opposed to handing out
> a few discs that might not boot, if it means being able to have a LOT more
> discs on-hand.  If people have problems, they know how to get ahold of us.
> ;)

Testing is a pain in the rear, but it doesn't take much time to do.  All I do
is take my XP system down, and boot each disc(which takes around 3-4 minutes
to do approximately.)   I _barely_ qualify it as testing, as I don't test
each of the apps, or anything like that... The reason it is a pain, is
because while I'm burning, normally I'm doing stuff on the XP system.  But
all in all, I think the testing is a good thing to do...

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk