[Vox-Outreach] Re: Vox-outreach digest, Vol 1 #100 - 6 msgs

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 22:45:54 -0700
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [Vox-Outreach] Pinging govt places about GTC

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:04:56PM -0700, Paul Miller wrote:
<snip>
 This is a topic I am quite interested in.
Hi Paul...  I'm not too surprised. ;^)

<snip>
 There is a growing collection of studies on the use of open source in
 government both here and abroad that should be brought to the state's
 attention at all levels. Here is a link to a site that has a nice
 collection.
 http://www.asiaosc.org/enwiki/page/Ideas_for_OSS_policy.html

 Is anyone trying to develop a list of contacts in the state?  Many
 government employees are fairly accessible by a local phone call. How
 about elected representatives and appointed officials?

 Is such a project the group is willing to spend time on?
I think so, yes.
There are also a growing number of Open Source folks providing influence at the federal level. Also note the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is joining RedHat's board.

Paul