Re: [Vox-Outreach] LWE booth... category?

Re: [Vox-Outreach] LWE booth... category?

--QnBU6tTI9sljzm9u

Bill,

  I'm merging your rapid fire mail...

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:09:41PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> So we've been asked to provide some details about us [...]
>=20
>   Internet: Directories / Publications / Websites
[...]
> I'm going to suggest they add another category or three. :^/

How about: "Buzz: User Evangelism Agency"

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:12:21PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Here's what I put down as our description.  (limited to 400 characters.)
>=20
>   LUGOD is a 501(c)(7) non-profit computer club
>   serving Davis, California and the Sacramento area.
>   Our goals are advocacy, education, support and
>   socializing.
>=20
>   LUGOD holds regular meetings twice a month, with
>   guest speakers and informative presentations, as
>   well as other regular and semi-regular events and
>   workshops.

Are they going to spell out our club name above the description?!?
  We don't have the word "Linux" in the description at all... :)
  ... didn't mention mailing lists and library... suggest mentioning
  demos and installfests by name.

How about this:
=3D=3D=3D
LUGOD is a non-profit computer club serving Davis, California=20
and the Sacramento area.  LUGOD's goals are advocacy, education,=20
support, and socializing.

LUGOD holds free meetings twice a month, with guest speakers=20
and informative presentations, as well as semi-regular=20
demos and installfests.

We maintain an extensive technical library and focused mailing lists
(Technical, Outreach, Social, and Job-Hunting).

Visit our website at http://www.lugod.org/
=3D=3D=3D

(if you strip all the whitespace from above you get less than 392
characters... :)

  I have to do one of these for GTC... by tomorrow.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:31:54PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> As of this writing, LUGOD will be in booth #16 in the .org Pavillion.
[...]
> For an unknown price, we can upgrade a level and get an URL linking to LU=
GOD
> and a logo graphic.  I've asked just what this price is.  Unless they have
> non-profit discounts, I doubt we'll want to pay it, frankly. ;^)

  Ask them if the cost can be waved for a .org booth... it shouldn't
be too hard for them.  ;)

--=20

--QnBU6tTI9sljzm9u

--QnBU6tTI9sljzm9u--