Re: [Vox-Outreach] We have a Booth: GTC West 2003 Information - May 14th - 16th - Sacramento Convention Center

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:18:29PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:14:54PM -0700, David Florence wrote:
> > GTC WEST 2003
> >
> > May 14  - 16, 2003
> > Sacramento, CA
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Your request for a free booth space at GTC West has been approved.
> > The only costs that you will incur will be carpeting, electricity,
> > and any other booth decorating items.

This is awesome.  Thanks, Mike!  How'd you convince them?

I've added a news item and event entry to lugod.org...

<snip>
> I'm checking with lugod officers for okay to pay for electricity ($80).

FYI, this has been okayed by Henry.

<snip>
> - Who wants to help staff the booth?
>   (which days/times can you be there)

Sure!  At the moment, any time.

> - Which booth would you like most?
>   (why)

1714 - Close to a big open space.

30x - Close to an entrance.  (Enter, turn left)

I think I'd vote for 1714.

> - Any suggestions on things to bring?

Computer.  Discs.  (I'll get people to burn more for us.)
Flyers on Linux, Open Source, and LUGOD.

Are you keeping track of who has volunteered to help staff?

Thx!!!