2003 Mar 25 17:57

[Vox-Outreach] Lugod attending Sacramento Writers' Conference this Saturday

[Vox-Outreach] Lugod attending Sacramento Writers' Conference this Saturday

Hi all,

  We will be attending the Writers' Conference this Saturday (29th)
at Sac State.  Sharing booth space with Brian from SAC-LUG.  We will bring
the demo computer, a number of Knoppix and Open Office cd's, and handouts.

  Sorry about the short notice on this event.

  Setup for the event starts at 10:15, doors open at 11:15, the event
ends at 4pm.  If anyone would like to help staff the booth please
contact Bill, this list, or me.

    Thanks,
      Mike

  http://www.stcsacramento.org/wiw2003/index.htm
====
The annual Writer in the Workplace Conference, sponsored by the
Sacramento chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC), is
the only STC chapter-level conference in the western United States and
the premier conference for technical communicators in northern
California. This year's conference offers a multifaceted look at the
technical communication profession, professional development, and career
management.

Theme: Communicators in the Center
- Technology Presentations: Learn about the current technology issues
  and participate in hands-on sessions with some of the hottest products.
- Job & Product Fair: Meet representatives from companies that are
  looking for talented people like you or offer the products featured in
  our technology presentations.
- Resume/Portfolio Review: Have STC Sacramento employment committee
  members review your resume and portfolio. They will provide positive
  feedback on how you can improve these essential job search tools to make
  the greatest impact.
====