My direct client, a social network site, has an immediate need for a Junior Linux System Administrator.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 month+ contract to hire
Build and run the infrastructure for a social network site visited by millions of people each day. The environment is Linux-based, and consists of a variety of server and storage technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of best practices used in system administration and in production data center deployments
- Command of security fundamentals
- Knowledge of DNS and bind administration
- Understanding of networking technology and IP protocols
- Enthusiasm for startup work
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation and to perform off-hour maintenance activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on clear documentation and ability to draw effective diagrams
- College degree in related field
Nice To Have:
- Scripting skills – proficiency in bash, perl, awk, and other languages
- Professional experience in high-availability, high-load environment
- Experience supporting Apache, PHP, Tomcat, and Java services
- Experience with MTA administration and email deliverability
- Experience configuring and using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Zenoss, or others
- Exposure to database administration
- Software development experience, e.g., PHP/Java/SQL/C/C++
Please send resumes to email@example.com.