2011 Nov 08 15:00
[vox-announce] LUGOD officer elections - Nominations now open,thru Nov. 20th

[vox-announce] LUGOD officer elections - Nominations now open,thru Nov. 20th

It's that time of year!  Nominations are now open for LUGOD club officer
positions:

  * root - president       (currently your's truly, Bill Kendrick)
  * sys - vice president   (currently Brian Lavender)
  * typescript - secretary (currently Andrew Roach0
  * /dev/null - treasurer  (currently Greg FitzGerald)

If you'd like to nominate someone, including yourself, for a club officer
position, please email our secretary, Andrew, at:

  typescript@lugod.org

Nominations will close prior to our November meeting.  Please get your
nominations to Andrew by November 20th.

It has been 6 years since we've had to hold actual voting for elections.
In the recent past, no more than one candidate has been nominated (and
accepted) any given position.  If that's the situation again, we'll simply
make a call for any objections to each candidate at our November meeting.
If more than one candidate is nominated for any position, we'll hold
elections online via our website between the November and December meetings.

For more, see our Bylaws:  http://lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

Sent from my computer