2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Linux Users' Group of Davis - "Siafoo", Mon. Aug 18th

[vox-announce] Linux Users' Group of Davis - "Siafoo", Mon. Aug 18th

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD) will be holding its next meeting on:

  Monday
  August 18, 2008
  7:00pm - 9:00pm

The meeting will be held at our regular location:

  Davis Public Library
  315 East 14th St
  Davis, California 95616

Presentation:

  Siafoo - share code and programming experience

  Presented by:
    Stou Sandalski & David Isaacson

  Siafoo is dedicated to sharing code and programming experience and
  learning from what others have shared. Siafoo is here to make coding
  less frustrating and to save you time. Siafoo's purpose is to be
  somewhere between a full-fledged source control system and the
  directory on your hard drive containing all your useful scripts and
  snippets.We created it because we noticed that a decent amount of time
  was wasted in trying to find boiler plate examples and utility
  functions buried inside large projects, reinventing the proverbial
  wheel, and tracking down solutions to obscure bugs on random forums
  and blogs.

  Siafoo runs on a totally open source stack: Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL
  and Python.

  About the speakers:

    Stou Sandalski and David Isaacson are recent graduates of UC Davis,
    and creators of Siafoo.

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

About LUGOD:

  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux computer operating system and other Open Source
  and Free Software.

  LUGOD holds regular meetings with guest speakers in Davis, California,
  as well as other events in Davis and the greater Sacramento region.
  Events are always free and open to the public.

  Please visit our website for more details:  http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
pr@lugod.org