2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] "OpenStreetMap" at the Linux Users' Group of Davis -Tomorrow! May 16th at UC Davis

[vox-announce] "OpenStreetMap" at the Linux Users' Group of Davis -Tomorrow! May 16th at UC Davis

To catch Steve Coast while he's in the States, LUGOD is holding a meeting
on a special day -- tomorrow!  Friday, May 16th at 7:00pm.

We'll be meeting in a new building at UC Davis, Giedt Hall, in Room 1006.

Steve is founder of OpenStreetMap, a free map of the world, derived from
free data and contributions from users (like you!), much the way
the online encycloedia "Wikipedia" is constructed.

For more, see:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps and directions to the meeting location, see:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/giedthall/

We'll be buying a half-dozen or so pizzas from The Village Bakery, which
will be served for free (first come, first served!)  Please consider
donating at this meeting to help allay the costs!

Thanks and hope to see you there,

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/