2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Linux Installfest workshop in Davis - Saturday,April 28th

[vox-announce] Linux Installfest workshop in Davis - Saturday,April 28th

The Linux Users' Group of Davis will be holding a free "Linux Installfest"
workshop in Davis, California:

When:
  Saturday, April 28th, 2007
  10:00am - 6:00pm

Where:
  John D. Kemper Hall of Engineering
  Room 1131
  1228 Bainer Hall Drive
  UC Davis
  Davis, California

What:
  Linux is a completely free, 'open source' operating system that can run
  on a wide variety of computer hardware.  It can act as a web-, file-,
  print- or game-server, run in a 'cluster' of computers to do 3D rendering
  or other intense math, or sit under your TV and record your favorite shows
  for later viewing.  Many people use it as an inexpensive, stable,
  virus- and spyware-free alternative to commercial software, such as
  Microsoft Windows.  It can be installed over, or alongside, Windows or
  Mac OS X.

  Members of the community are invited to bring their computers and laptops
  to this informal workshop, and volunteers from LUGOD will help you install
  and configure Linux... for FREE!

How:
  If you wish to bring in your PC, you must RSVP beforehand to reserve a
  space.  The RSVP form, and lots of useful information about Linux and
  Installfests, and how to prepare for the event, are accessible on the
  web at:

    http://www.lugod.org/if/

Help!
  We're always looking for volunteers for our workshops.  If you'd like to
  help, or come watch and learn as others are helped, please feel free to
  drop by.  Our "vox-if" mailing list is where we discuss plans and needs
  for these events, so we encourage you to sign up:

  ...or contact the Installfest coordinators directly via email:

    if@lugod.org

About LUGOD:
  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux operating; system and Open Source software, and
  which (along with holding Installfests) holds regular meetings with
  guest speakers each month in Davis, CA.  For details, visit:

    http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
LUGOD Public Relations Officer