2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Software Freedom Day, August 28th - Volunteers needed

[vox-announce] Software Freedom Day, August 28th - Volunteers needed

LUGOD is planning to participate in this year's international
Software Freedom Day ( http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/ ),
Saturday, August 28th.

We're tentatively scheduled to hold a hands-on Linux demo
( http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/ ) at the Davis Food Co-Op
starting at 4pm, but are looking for additional or alternate venues
to consider for earlier in the day.

(If you know of a suitable place that gets good foot-traffic,
please suggest it!)

Right now we're looking for volunteers to help staff the booth(es),
as well as people to help burn copies of Open Source software to
give away at the event(s).  (See: http://www.lugod.org/cdburns/ )

If you can help, please send a note to: demo@lugod.org, or post
a message to LUGOD's 'vox-outreach' mailing list
( http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/#vox-outreach )

Thank you,

-bill!
pr@lugod.org