2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Auto-discarding non-member posts

[vox-announce] Auto-discarding non-member posts

I will soon be taking advantage of a new Mailman feature which auto-discards
any posts made to our lists by non-members (rather than placing them in
a queue to await approval).

Less than 1% of posts which get queued for approval/rejection by Mailman
are valid post attempts; the rest are spam or misdirected virus/spam
rejections caused by spoofing.

In case anyone actually tries to post a legitimate message and it gets
auto-discarded, I will simply contact them to let them know, and they will
need to post again, from a properly-subscribed address.

If you'd like to discuss this, please post to our 'vox' list.
Thank you!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/