2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Officer nominations are now open!

[vox-announce] Officer nominations are now open!

Officer elections will begin at our next meeting (April 19th).  Nominations
began at last night's meeting and, so far, the following people have been
nominated:

  Ryan Castellucci - President
  Mike Simons - Vice President
  Henry House - Treasurer

You may nominate yourself, or anyone else, by e-mailing LUGOD's secretary
(Stephen Matthew Helms) at the following address:

  typescript@lugod.org

Officially [*], each positions' duties are as follows:

  President (root):
  - Primary signatory
  - Set meeting agendas
  - Chair meetings
  - Oversee committees
  - Check PO Box

  Vice President (sys):
  - Make meeting preparations
  - Take over duties of missing officers

  Treasurer (/dev/null):
  - Pass collection plate and present financial report
  - Coordinate updating of financial info on website
  - Keep track of spare PO Box key
  - Take care of takes and IRS interactions

  Secretary (typescript):
  - Take meeting minutes
  - Conduct elections (officer, bylaw changes, etc.)
  - Maintain member list & take attendance

Realistically, duties have fallen a little more like this:

  President
  - I've done all of the above, but been bad at PO Box check
  - Helps prepare (physically) for meetings
  - Neurotically took minutes and attendance

  Vice President
  - Helps prepare (physically) for meetings
  - Also checks PO Box
  - Chairs meetings in my absence or sickness
  - Didn't have to advertise or get speakers (see below)

  Treasurer
  - Henry has done all of the above, though I usually 'pass the plate'
  - Henry has handled website updates entirely himself lately

  Secretary
  - Didn't /have/ to take minutes (see above) ;^)
  - Conduct elections

I have also handled a number of tasks under a few self-appointed 'positions':

  - Speaker coordination
  - Publicity
  - Webmaster
  - Member-sheet collection & members-web-page update

So realize that I've been wearing numerous hats simultaneously.
And as mentioned previously, elsewhere, I'm more than happy to continue
my work under the various appointed positions, if the elected officers
would like me to! :^)

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/