2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] March 15th Linux Users Group of Davis meeting: Network Traffic Shaping

[vox-announce] March 15th Linux Users Group of Davis meeting: Network Traffic Shaping

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  March 15, 2004
  6:30pm - 9:00pm

The meeting will be held at our regular location:

  Davis Public Library
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  Linux Traffic Shaping w/ netfilter & iproute2
  presented by: Gabriel Rosa

    Using netfilter and iproute2, we can use the new TCP/IP infrastructure
    in the 2.4 kernels and above to achieve near complete control over how
    bandwidth is used.  Alternate queueing disciplines, bandwidth floors and
    ceilings based on TOS, packet length, arbitraty packet marking (using
    iptables), time of day, source/destination, help prioritize how packets
    are handled (such as to allow lag free ssh while uploading/downloading)
    and Control both inbound and outbound bandwidth.

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

About LUGOD:

  LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
  Linux computer operating system and Open Source software,
  and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
  Meetings are always free and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org