2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Nov.18th Linux User Group Meeting: BASIC Stamp robotic mi

[vox-announce] Nov.18th Linux User Group Meeting: BASIC Stamp robotic microcontrollers

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  November 18th, 2002
  6:30pm - 9:30pm
  (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)

The meeting will be held at our normal location:

  Davis Library
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  The "BASIC Stamp" Microcontroller

  presented by: Ken Gracy, Parallax Inc., Rocklin, CA

    Parallax's "BASIC Stamp" is a microcontroller -- an integrated computer
    chip containing both a CPU and built-in RAM and ROM -- that's about the
    size of a postage stamp.

    It is easy to program, and can be used to control LEDs, speakers,
    potentiometers, robotic libs, and more.  It can be programmed numerous
    ways, including using BASIC or Java programming languages.

    Ken Gracy of Parallax will demonstrate how the BASIC Stamp can be used
    in rolling and walking robots.  He'll demonstrate programming the
    BASIC stamp, how to control motors, and even how to connect it to the
    Internet.  We'll also see examples of its use in public art and education.

    Parallax will also be handing out over $300 of freebies at this event!

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org