2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] php programmers wanted for lugod and nblug

[vox-announce] php programmers wanted for lugod and nblug

hi lugod,

nblug (north bay linux users' group) and lugod both have libraries with
books, magazines and CD's for members to borrow and browse.

each LUG wants to have web based software so we can access the library
database and do various administrative functions like marking a book as
being "checked out", keeping track of borrowers, sending out an email
notifying a borrower that a book is past due, etc.

i was going to collaborate with the guy from nblug who's in charge of
their project, but i'm a bit over-extended ATM.

are there any php programmers out there with a bit of free time who
wouldn't mind donating some expertise to lugod and nblug?  i think
they're a bit more formal than us, but our needs and wants are basically
the same.  anyway, this would be a great opportunity to do some
inter-LUG cooperation.

all code will be strictly open source, of course.

if you're interested in helping out both LUGS and know php, please
contact me directly at root@lugod.org.

thanks!
pete