2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] New LERT volunteers needed

[vox-announce] New LERT volunteers needed

Are you interested in helping local Linux users? Consider volunteering for
LERT! What is LERT, you ask? To quote http://lugod.org/project/lert:

   Peter Jay Salzman started a subgroup within LUGOD named LERT -- The
   Linux Emergency Response Team. Originally, it was a play on "CERT",
   the so-called computer security experts from Carnegie Mellon
   University. It was goofy enough to keep. :-) In October 2000,
   Henry House took over as the new coordinator (dispatch) for LERT.

   The idea is simple. For a modest voluntary donation, we will travel to
   your home and install or fix your Linux installation. You don't have
   to lug all your equipment to an installfest or spend a billion hours
   trying to diagnose and fix what's wrong. For a donation to our group,
   we give your computer personal attention and we'll do all the work for
   you. The money you donate will go straight to the Linux User Group of
   Davis, so it's going somewhere worthy!

   Why do we do this? It's a form of Linux advocacy. A way of giving back
   to the Linux community, and promoting Linux to the general public.
   It's also a great way to raise money for our LUG - The Linux User
   Group of Davis, one of the most active LUGS around. Lastly, we
   consider ourselves fairly competant Linux users, but each call is a
   learning experience, and we never shy away from an opportunity to
   learn.

If you think this is for you, please contact Henry House
(hajhouse@houseag.com) and ask to be added to the LERT volunteers list. You
don't commit to going on any LERT calls by being on the list but you will be
informed when there is a need for someone to handle a LERT call. Help spread
enthusiasm for Linux. Show off your Linux expertise! Join today!

--
Henry House